Sunday, August 26, 2018

The bond of love


Growing up, I used to just about tolerate my sisters.  As the middle sister, I either had to match up to the elder one or be a good role model to the younger one. Not an easy task, I tell you. They had a tough time matching me, let me leave it at that :D

46 yes later, toleration has given way to mutual respect,  love and awe. Sisterhood has never been so fulfilling. We morph into our roles  of secret keeper,  advice giver, health checker, personal trainers, pj tellers, wardrobe exchanger and chai maker instinctively and effortlessly.

We lift the other up when down , we criticize,, we earnestly motivate,, we encourage, we hug, we nurture, we execute our aunt roles with pride and we clap the loudest when the other excels.

We are to each other, the smiles that drive away the frowns and the wild laughter that dries up the tears.

Growing up this festival had no meaning , but now to me, it signifies the recognition of the invisible bond of love and laughter that binds us sisters together.

Happy happy Raksha Bandhan, Shubha and Smita  may this bond get stronger and stronger and may we always have each others' back. Always!

Ps...Love this pic of us.

No comments: