- There was a long, long Eid + national UAE break, where we saw a bit of Dubai, more specifically the green parks...What a sight for sore eyes.
- Finally school started and with it some semblance of a routine, especially in the bedtime! I didn't do a jig but came pretty close to it.
- The kids are having a great time at school. The 12 yrold had a rock concert at school! The younger one had a wild time at the Jumeirah beach park, eating icecream by the beach. Sigh...I wish i was invited to go too.
- I had my own fun too, got caught in a sandstorm, and ended up like sandpaper - quite a 'grit'ty experience too. The next day saw me rewash the laundry (i had forgotten to bring them in) and vacuum my balcony and the chairs. And then my sister in Boston tells me that they had a snowstorm! That's competition for you.
- A friend delivered her baby and it was a beautiful feeling to watch her five day old baby. I had forgotten that they were so tiny and fragile, and so magical.
Between all this we get to do some homework. One evening saw us tackling our opposites.
All was fine till we came to educated.
and I mused aloud: "hmmm...opposite of educated is uneducated, illiterate,...and..'
Him: 'what's uneducated?'
Me: "when you go to school, you learn new stuff and are getting educated...and the uneducated will be ...'
and he interrupts " someone like you, 'cos you don't go to school?"
Hey bhagwan, one image makeover please!!!!