This, Joy, is one affair i would love to remember...:)
1. Do you remember how you developed a love for reading?
My dad! He would take us to libraries and gift us books…and enid blyton for the simple and fun world she took us to…
as a young girl, this funny fellow used to be a great favorite.
Aesop’s fables, most books by Enid blyton, most classics – mark twain, charles dickens, jane austen, Emily bronte, daphne du maurier…most comics – mandrake, tintin, asterix, mad, amarchitra katha
3. What is your favorite genre?
Sometimes humor, sometimes satire, sometimes mystery, recently inspirational…haven’t been able to veer towards the science-oriented ones
4. Do you have a favorite novel?
No. Favorites have ranged from Oliver twist to Scarlett Pimpernel to Emma to anne frank to Kite runner…
5. Where do you usually read?
Anytime, anyplace…just give me some peace and quiet…
6. Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
Oh Yes! One for every mood!
7. Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
8. Do you buy most of the books you read, or borrow them, or check them out of the library?
Have done all…it doesn’t matter as long as I get the book… i would prefer to own the books i really liked
9. Do you keep most of the books you buy? If not, what do you do with them?
10. If you have children, what are some of the favorite books you have shared with them? Were they some of the same ones you read as a child?
I read somewhere that good children's literature is one which appeals not only to the child in the adult, but to the adult in the child. In my son's case, he’s graduated from Enid blyton to Sherlock holmes, Feluda, oliver twist, roald Dahl…Some were new finds – harry potter, eragon, the septimus heap trilogy, the Narnia chronicles – which we enjoyed together… I’m now waiting for the younger one to join us…
No? Fine then!!! Chowringee, the Blind assassin by margaret Atwood and daughter by asha bandele
13. Do you keep a TBR (to be read) list?
A mental list, thanks to all the reviews, and book tags that I read.
14. What books would you like to reread?
Calvin and Hobbes… an instant mood uplifter :)
15. Who are your favorite authors?
Keeps changing. There was a time when Agatha Christie and RK Narayan ruled supreme. It’s been an interesting journey since then.