Sunday, December 9, 2007

'Moment'ous



What moment would I write about?

The moment I told my first serious lie or the moment of shame when i got found out?

The moment of winning my first prize or the moment of losing a friend?

The moment of an insult or the moment of a hug?


What moment should I talk about?

The moment when I was a child or the one when I was that no more?

The moment I stepped into a new life or the moment I waved goodbye to the old?

The moment I gave life or that moment when I lost one?


Or the moment I wiped a tear or that when i received a smile?

Or?

Those moments of happiness or those countless ones of lost temper,

Moments of abandon or moments of self-control,

Moments spent dreaming or moments spent coming back to the real!!



So, tell me what moment should I talk about?

Every moment has its significance - a moment of sadness, a moment of glory, a moment of love or a moment of weakness. They are all frozen... many in pictures, words, actions and mind. But will I ever be able to recapture the feeling of the moment just gone? can I?


***************************************************************************
Once again Writer's island has given us a beautiful moment. Grab it!
****************************************************************************

27 comments:

Prats said...

That was such a lovely sum up.....each eand every moment is to lived for and smiled at

Rambler said...

I liked the pic you have put up..a lot.
I think the beauty is that you have so much to talk about, so why not, why chose when you have so many :)

Preeti Shenoy said...

You just managed to capture them all and so beautifull too--and the underlying thought is very similar to what i wrote!
BTW I did not understand that statement about a moment when you lost a life.(I could only think about motherhood--moment when you gave a life--but how does that justify losing?What did you mean?)

aMus said...

@ prats, rambler, ps

thank you, I had trouble zeroing on one MOMent because every moment is meaningful in some way...

preeti...a miscarriage...a foetus in medical terms but real to me nevertheless

Marja said...

A great list of important moments

Andy Sewina said...

I like the way you ask the questions within the poem... I've seen people do this once or twice recently and I think it's a good medium.

paisley said...

this was really a wonderful reminder of what we have to be thankful for... each moment,, a little capsule of life....

Anonymous said...

And some..and some..

Those are the moments...

unconnected moments

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the list of your moments.

Rose

xo

Jaya said...

All. Think aloud and write them all. I am sure they were all lovely moments which made a wonderful person out of you.

rayshma said...

aren't all equally note-worthy...? loved this post... u've summed it up so beautifully...moments u'd never want to forget....

Preethi said...

Yes whats life if not full of precious moments.. moments we will treasure and remember for a life time... very lovely summing up.. loved it as always!!

Tumblewords: said...

Nicely stated. All our moments have made us who we are and yet very few of them can be re-emotioned or re-felt - indeed, each was special in its own way.

Mary Timme said...

Nope! So live it while there and let it go! Good thought process!

Compassion Unlimitted said...

every moment a milestone..the NAVARASAS of life making it more meaningful.Beautiful concept expressed ..Now look forward to couple of blogs on each moment.
Hey ADDICT,what are you waiting for..go on and let your fingers fly..We..of course waiting here !!
TC
CU

Anonymous said...

You have covered it all, momentous indeed...this post! Thank you.

UL

Keshi said...

beautifully put!

Keshi.

Keith's Ramblings said...

So cleverly put together! Every moment covered.

little wing writer said...

really liked your response...you played it so well...

Fuzzylogic said...

Life is nothing but a memoir of such moments built and treasured one at a time. Beautifully written TOL!

amna said...

love this post!

Aarthi said...

I think you can elaborate beautifully on any topic under the sun..and make it interesting too...:)

Sandhya said...

Hi

Aarthi has said wriet worlds abt u..... . That u can elaborate anythg nicely on any topic.........

Awesome.

m.flowerr said...

Hey,good posting!I loved it!

rayshma said...

stop being a big kaala dhabba on us blog addicts! u have any idea how it feels to come here and see no new post?!
get back to blogging. now!
p.s.:hope all's well with u?

Anonymous said...

life is a mixture of moments combined together & each moment gives something special to us, isn't ti!

Prats said...

Haven't spared you yet again!!! tagged u...and giving you some more thinking moments